Curse of Strahd | Dungeons & Dragons
Unravel the mysteries of Ravenloft® in this dread adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game
Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner—and you are invited.
- A fantasy-horror adventure for characters levels 1 – 10, Curse of Strahd™ provides everything a Dungeon Master needs to create an exciting and memorable play experience.
- Fans of the Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Game can have additional adventures in Ravenloft by participating in the D&D Adventurers League™ organized play program.
- Available separately: a 54-card deck by Gale Force Nine representing the Tarokka cards, used by the fortune-teller Madam Eva in the adventure to randomly determine key aspects of the adventure. Also available from GF9 is a Curse of Strahd Dungeon Master's Screen.
- Written in consultation with Tracy Hickman and Laura Hickman, creators of the original Ravenloft adventure.
Curse of Strahd is produced by Wizards of the Coast. It was written by Chris Perkins, edited by Kim Mohan and Jeremy Crawford, and art directed by Kate Irwin. The adventure incorporates material from the original Ravenloftadventure as well as new story content created by Tracy and Laura Hickman, Chris Perkins, Adam Lee, Richard Whitters, and Jeremy Crawford.
Play online or at home with these great resources to help supplement your game.
- Curse of Strahd has a set of player options, which you can download now to create you gothic themed character.
- Fantasy Grounds is a virtual tabletop and official partner of Dungeons & Dragons. Available soon on Fantasy Grounds, you can buy the Curse of Strahd adventure, along with art and maps, so you can play remotely with your friends.
- We've provided a selection of untagged maps of Barovia for use in your home and online games. Additional maps will soon be available at mikeschley.com.
- Curse of Strahd contains handouts for Dungeon Masters. You can download then here. (contains SPOILERS for players)
Create and Sell Your Own Ravenloft Content
When you create your own title for the Dungeon Masters Guild, you get access to a hoard of resources. As of March 4, you can create content using Curse of Strahd. For suggestions on designing the best content related to Curse of Strahd, review the Ravenloft creator's guidelines here.
Release Date: 15 March, 2016